Are you a good critical thinker who likes to do something new every day?
CORE Engineering Inc. is a vibrant, progressive consulting engineering firm specializing in mechanical and electrical system designs for the building construction industry and industrial projects and has a rewarding career opportunity for an Senior Mechanical Engineering Technologist in our St. John’s, NL office. The successful candidate will perform a variety of design/drafting activities including preparing the Mechanical drawings for new projects and is a team-oriented individual with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Lead Engineer with minimal supervision.
- Produce design drawings,
- Visit job sites to collect existing systems information,
- Review shop drawings,
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) such as AUTOCAD, Revit,
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets,
- Complete site observations for project progress.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution,
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience is required,
- Proficient with AutoCAD and preference will be given to those with Revit MEP and 3D AutoCAD experience,
- Strong working knowledge of reading, interpreting, and producing design drawings,
- Familiar with CSA standards is an asset,
- Able to work and contribute individually and as part of a team, being a self-starter,
- Deadline driven with a strong work ethic and attention to detail,
- Willingness to learn and self-educate,
- Strong attention to detail, planning and excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are a must,
- Good oral & written English communication skills,
- Punctual & reliable,
- Time management skills,
- Eagerness and willingness to learn,
- Must be Canadian Citizen or have Valid work permit.
In accordance with Company policy, the successful candidate must provide confirmation of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
CORE Engineering Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive and comprehensive pay and benefits package.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.